Now that we’re all grown up, back to school takes on a whole new meaning. For vintage lovers and collectors its an opportunity to seek out old school finds for our decor and fashion sense. Such pieces remind us of chalk dust, new crayons, class photos, gym class, science labs and typing class.
The shops at Vintage And Main offer a great selection of Old School Vintage finds. Come revisit old memories and be inspired all over again with our curated collection.
Take your seats, class is about to begin!
Classroom finds are always a great addition to a child’s room; a vintage desk, a chalkboard, educational school charts and flash cards add vintage charm. Same goes for the kitchen where a school clock and a chalkboard for memos bring a nostalgic warmth. Have fun with flash cards by spelling out words or names and use as wall decor.
1. Wood Pencil Box from Callooh Callay
2. Chalkboard Easel from 86 Home
3. School Wall Clock from Owl Song Vintage
4. School Desk Bench from Oceanside Castle
5. Children’s Book Bundle from Bee Jay Kay
6. Slate Chalkboard and Pencils from Aloof Newf Whimsy
7. Vintage Flash Cards from Hilltop Times
How about dressing up the office with a few old school details. These vintage pieces are not just functional but great conversion starters and perfect for teachers and anyone working in education or with children.
1. Library File Catalog from Owl Song Vintage
2. Vintage Staples from La Roux Vintage
3. Vintage World Globe from Just Smashing Darling
4. Vintage Copper Apple Box from Cake Number 9
5. Playtime ABC Book from Just Smashing Darling
6. Antique Drafting Table from Hartong International
7. Desk Mount Pencil Sharpener from Whimzy Thyme
8. Vintage Dip Pens from Vintage Curiosity Shop
And let’s not forget that school is much more than just the classroom. As a collector you may enjoy memorabilia from sports and activities that reflect school spirit. These retro finds make thoughtful gifts and decorating accents.
1. Fraternity Paddle from Nachokitty
2. 1921 Ohio State Yearbook from Rush Creek Vintage
3. University School Sweater from Roselein Rarities
4. PC Varsity Letters from Reconstitutions
5. High School Belt Buckle from Tipple and Snack
6. St. Lawrence University Suitcase from 86 Home
Whatever your age, it’s never too late to take an Old School lesson in Vintage Style!