1. Coco Chanel Beaded Purse from Nachokitty
2. Black Velvet Evening Gown from Mary Beth Hale
3. Victorian Diamond Filigree Ring from Poor Mouchette
4. Terani Couture Gown from 86 Vintage
5. Gold Metallic High Heels from Story Tellers Vintage
6. Silk Strapless Party Dress from Roselein Rarities
The Oscar’s are about movies and dresses. “Who are you wearing?” has become a must ask question on the red carpet, and actors and actresses are decked out in designer dresses and suits ready to answer. If we take a look back Academy Award history, there has been quite an evolution in style for the event.
In 1929, Janet Gaynor wore an off-the-rack skirt and blouse for her win of Best Actress at the very first Academy Awards.
For her 2nd award in 1939, Bette glammed up in a striking black dress with gossamer collar.
The red carpet today has become a large collaboration (and business) between celebrities, stylists, and fashion houses. We look forward to seeing all the beautiful dresses worn this year!